Tuesday, January 13, 2009

So much for 2009 being a calm one

My hope for the new year was that it would be calmer than past years. In 2007 Mark and I experienced the whirlwind joy of planning a wedding and getting married. In 2008 we picked up our lives and moved 2,000 miles away to Seattle, WA.

All I wanted was for a little peace in 2009.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be happening. On January 5th I lost my job due to the economic slow down. Not fun, but I can keep my chin up and get back to the job search. Last night, January 12 or it could have been January 13, my car was broken in to and our GPS unit was stolen. I know a part of it is my fault because I had put the TomTom in the center console. Now I'm trying to file a police report, claim this on insurance, and find a new job all at the same time. This certainly hasn't been a calm year so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment